The cable car is located in the very heart of historic Grenoble, on quai Stéphane Jay, on the left bank of the river Isère at the entrance to the Jardin de Ville park.
There are three dedicated coach parking spaces on quai Stéphane Jay, along from the cable car station. They have yellow striped markings on the road surface. It is not possible to reserve them in advance as they form part of the public road.
Terms and conditions for use of the cable car by groups:
- The cable car has four gondolas in winter and five in summer (June to September); each gondola accommodates a maximum of six people.
- During its opening hours, the cable car is in continuous operation. Boarding takes place approximately every five minutes and journey time is between five and eight minutes.
- Booking is required to qualify for the group rate.
- Payment may be made on site at the time of your cable-car journey or it can be made later by invoice. For payment by invoice after your journey, we will send you a quotation that must be returned to us signed along with your organisation’s purchase order.
- It is possible to request an extension of the cable car’s normal opening hours, or a special opening, subject to certain conditions. Contact us for more information.